Monday 11 August 2008

Scrap Challenges to Keep Warm

What can you do on a weekend when the rain is falling, the air is icy and your child cannot play sport because she has a dislocated thumb? Scrap of course! What a perfect weekend to be inside, cosy and warm and creating. The NCJS group held its weekend cybercrop challenges and gave me some inspiration to get some of my 'old' photos ready for albums.

Here are the two challenge layouts -

Our beautiful little dog Molly died earlier this year and it was a bit emotional to re-visit these photos of her as a cute, fluffy puppy.

I still have a few of these photos to scrap - they were professionally done (by a person who wanted to be a photographer) and are very cute! The trouble with alot of our older photos is that they are not very interesting - I think that's where I need to get creative with my layouts!

I have a bit of a dilemma at the moment with getting my photos professionally printed or doing them myself. I scanned a heap of photos from when my eldest two were younger and decided when Harvey Norman had their printing special a couple of weeks ago, I would get them done there. I was very happy with the quality of them.

I do worry that the ones I print will fade quickly and I feel more confident that professionally printed ones will last a lot longer. The only problem with not doing them myself is the limits to the sizing. I guess the jury is still out.

Well, as this week is going to continue to bring blasts of wintery weather to us southerners, I shall continue to make use of my nice, cosy and warm scrap room.

So, watch this space ...

No comments: