Friday 16 January 2009

OMG - it's mid January already!

Well, it has been ages since my last post! It was such a busy time over Christmas and New Year - lots of family events; I de-cluttered and cleaned 90% of the house (not Rob's Office though, too hard!!); I ate lots; I did very little exercise (at the gym anyway!); I enjoyed the company of my beautiful eldest daughter and 3 grand-daughters and I even managed to get in some creating time!

I felt very inspired after Heidi Swapp's workshop and I made Grace an a to Z mini-album for Christmas - lots of fun doing it! I used a Making Memories 6" x 6" Cloth Album in a stunning lime green colour (my favourite colour!) and the base pages were from the 6 x 6 Basic Grey Collection Pad. I added lots of inserts of varying sizes and used lots of embellishments through out the album. Luckily Grace has a zillion photos of her - self portraits - that gave me a great stash to choose the main 26 from. I didn't start till the week before Christmas and the only thing I didn't finish was the ribbons on the spine.

I was over the moon as she was really wrapt with it - even dropped a few tears. I didn't think that Grace was really interested in my Scrapbooking - but she did show one of her girfriends my albums the other day and talked about them as though she has been listening to everything I speak about the pages and the scrapbooking.

Here are some of the pages ...



I started (but still have to 100% complete some scrapbook pages and here is the one I have finished - I will post more at a later date. The colour in this is not very good - the white, red & black are much more vibrant.


I have also started the Project 365 which will support me to be more creative with my photography (and learn how to take better photographs!!) I have decided to start a new blog - 365 Days a Year - specifically for that one. Keeping everything up to date will be a real challenge - but then that's life!

So until next time ...

No comments: