Sunday 12 October 2008

Another Birth Day!

It's finally happened - ScrapbookHub.com.au is now alive and well! Nine months of planning, researching, designing, communicating ... a lot longer than I realised it would take ... has now come to fruition. Thank goodness this birth was relatively painless - just a click of the mouse!

Something I have always wanted - somewhere to find all the resources and information that I need when I want some inspiration, some motivation and anything specific to what I am doing. A font to suit my layout. A title to give it spark. A design to suit my photographs in number and size. Some ideas for when I am stuck. Some supplies or tools to help me create. A site that would give me much information in the one place - in the past have spent hours looking for something going from site to site and blog to blog. So now here it is - one site to find everything any papercrafter could possibly require - with more to come!

I have a talented and passionate team just bursting to provide lots more inspiration, stimulation and enthusiasm into the papercraft world. I welcome Karen Yates, Vicki Brunner, Deanne Stewart-Mills and Sara Noendeng! Welcome to the team!

After working for long hours over the past few weeks, I was able to enjoy some social time over the weekend. Friday night Rob and I chatted with a few friends over drinks at the Aria Lounge in the Langham Hotel in the city. After the others left, we stayed on an enjoyed a sumptuous smorgasbord meal in their Melba restaurant. The food range was amazing and fresh. Anything cooked was done on the spot - I'd certainly go back there again!

Saturday I spent with my scrapping buddies at Paper Heaven - it was good to get back into some hands on creating! Then Saturday night we went to an Egyptian themed party hosted by friends heading off for a trip to Egypt on Wednesday this week. I went as a belly dancer (with a covered belly!) courtesy of a friend who has done belly dancing. It's certainly not a quiet outfit! Now I know what the cat feels like with her bell! Rob piked out of a full costume but I managed to tie a cot sheet around his head so at least looked as he had made an effort! I didn't get any photos as our camera is playing up right now - isn't that always the way!

This morning Rob and I went for a 15km ride on our bikes, with a head wind most of the way! It makes even little hills feel like Mt Everest! My legs feel a bit tired right now! It was a beautiful morning, the sun was warm but not too hot and Melbourne in spring is just a glorious site. It's such a different view going along the roads on a bicycle. Tomorrow will be interesting as the Boxing Circuit class I go to on Monday morning is full on but I think I will need to be kind to myself and pace myself a bit more.

No shares tonight - I haven't completed the layouts from the weekend. Hopefully there will be something to share later in the week. So make sure you head off the ScrapbookHub.com.au and get your teeth into some of the great resources. Please let me know what you think about the site - suggestions and feedback are most appreciated!

So, until next time ...

2 comments:

kazy2004 said...

Wonderful news on the site Annie. Great job.
Should be a fabulous journey and I can't wait to share and inspire. thank you for the opportunity
Cheers Karen

Anonymous said...

Well written article.