Saturday 25 October 2008

A Fortnight's Worth of Chatter

Life moves along so quickly and I am very aware of how it is so important to treasure every moment. Just to be able to stop, breathe, be in the now and be grateful is something I must remind myself to do. It is too easy to get caught up in the 'busyness' of everyday living and neglect the things that matter most to me. I am making it my intention to give myself 15 minutes every day to just breathe in my life and give gratitude for everyone and everything that make my life the wonderful experience that it is.

I have done very little personal scrapping - I started my Christmas cards yesterday with a friend who is just starting her creative journey. When I say started, I literally mean started cos that's all I did - I certainly didn't finish anything! But, the room is set up with my Christmas supplies and so I can get a bit done every now and then when I can grab myself some moments to create.

Last weekend, I spent Sunday with some wonderful, wise women creating my new vision board. It was a day that provided motivation, challenge, support and encouragement. We sat overlooking Port Phillip Bay, and even though it was cold and wet, it was such a peaceful energy. I didn't have specific intentions when I started but found myself drawn to certain areas - getting myself organised was a big one and one that surprised me.

I have been busy with the site - keeping a check on its use and making sure that everything runs smoothly. So far, the few problems have been minor and easy to correct. It is great to see the activity with both the Forum and Gallery - some amazingly talented women out there! If you haven't made it over, go and check it out - lots of resources with more being added all the time. I am looking for suggestions also!

Whilst on my research travels I came across a site called Creating Intentions. What a great way to manifest your desires through scrapbooking. But it does make sense doesn't it! Creating my vision board was a bit like creating a layout.

As I have no fresh layouts to share right now, I thought I'd show you some photos of my scrap space.

This was my very first space in a very tiny room, as you can see by the way the desk (sewing table) stretches from one wall to the other.



The next images are the room I have right now - and notice how tidy it is! It's not like that at the moment!





So there you have it for now ... so until next time ...

2 comments:

Deanne Stewart-Mills said...

I love your craft space Annie!! How do you keep it so neat and tidy?? You cant even see my desk lol!!
Sounds like you have had a busy couple of weeks. I didn't blog for a couple of weeks either, and this is the first chance I have had in ages to actually blog-hop and comment!!
Deanne
xx

Annie said...

I can assure you Deanne that my space is not as tidy at the moment!! I need a couple of hours to put things back where they belong but finding that time is not easy!