Wednesday 1 October 2008

Wednesday wonderment ... is there such a word!

Isn't it amazing how some things just happen magically! Yesterday was a day of coincidences as Deepak Chopra calls them and I am feeling blessed (sorry, it's not meant to be a religious term!). I just know that when good things fall into your path it is a that you are heading in the right direction and that's how I feel right now. The whole day culminated in me finding a shiny, new $2 coin on the footpath last night - I thought it was a 5c piece! I always remember a wise man saying that we should never decline a gift - no matter how small it is - and even a small coin is a gift and a message. So for me, finding that a 5c coin was really $2 gave me such a gift! So now - to get the message! What would that be for you? I invite you to leave a comment!

On the creating front, below are the four Olympics ATC's I did for NCJS. I covered the card with gold tissue paper, using the Jo Sonja Sealer, I first covered the card with the sealer then I scrunched the tissue paper and put it over the mixture. Keeping it scrunched, I then re-applied the sealer over the top of the tissue. I had lovely gold fingertips!

Using NOBO Overhead Projector Transparency Film purchased from Officeworks, I printed the peace dove, the Beijing Logo and the Olympic Rings. I trimmed these and then used double-sided tape to adhere them over the gold tissue. To cover the tape, I cut strips of textured gold paper and applied this over the top.

I used gold heat embossing powder (so much fun to do!) on the Peace Dove. The printed Olympic Coin image was trimmed and I printed the English and Chinese translation of One World One Dream on textured cardstock. I edged these with gold stamping ink.

On the Olympic Rings Card I attached a small Chinese Coin with gold Christmas string and used a gold pen to write over the words Faster Higher Stronger. Even I really had to think about what I was going to do on each card (as we had to make 4) it was fun in the end!



Here is a layout using the Creative Memories Circle Templates - I do them, they are so easy to use. I hear the blades are now available in a swivel version which will make them even easier to use! I also used Heidi Swapp Ghost Letters which still stand out over the white base. I'm so looking forward to Heidi's Create08 Day being held in Melbourne on 16th December - all booked out now though.


The white card looks greyish bit it is a lovely crisp white in reality. I used the complimentary tones of green and pink and the ribbons made a beautiful match.

Grace took this photo of herself - when i ask her to do something for me it never works out the same! Darn! I'm not good with the camera, my creativity doesn't extend there - but I am determined to learn!

Thanks for reading on! So, till next time ...

No comments: