Friday 29 August 2008

Fantastic Friday

Why fantastic? Because the weekend is here and that means I get to play and create more! It's also fantastic because the glorious sun is shining, it is a beautiful 18 degrees outside and the flowering blossom trees are looking absolutely majestic. Yesterday, I struggled to get warm, today the heaters are turned off! Ahhh, that's Melbourne for you!

Speaking of Melbourne, here is a double layout I did showing part of a tour with a visitor from the UK. We went on a boat cruise down the Yarra and across the bay to Williamstown. On our return to Southbank, we sat riverside and watched the night descend over the Yarra River. The thousands of lights on the calm water looked magical.


I am working through a stack of photos of Grace and here are a couple of layouts I have completed recently.


I found the quotes on Teen Angel on a 'Communicating With Teenagers' website - if you have teenagers, I'm sure they will make you chuckle too!

Grace is so shy (NOT!) ... I am forever finding self portraits on my computer that she has taken with Photo Booth. It is a nifty little Mac program that can do some interesting things with the photographs it takes. Here is an example -


I love the way she just plays with these programs and comes up with really interesting poses and photos. She's not afraid of testing technology!

I got a bit of a surprise yesterday - we have just about used our quota of downloading and uploading from the internet - 95% of 30G! I never thought that would be possible! But, after making enquiries, I was told things such as My Space (everyone with a teenager knows this one!), Facebook and You Tube and music downloads really guzzle up the data allowance. But sadly, I also found out that Radio broadcasts and Podcasts are also culprits! I love listening to the different music stations from iTunes, with no ads too!

Recently I have also been listening to and watching Oprah and Eckhart Tolle discussing The Power of Now and A New Earth. Very interesting! But now I will have to be aware of my internet usage habits and start playing my CD's more often!

Till next time ...

2 comments:

Deanne Stewart-Mills said...

great layouts on your blog Annie! Love the altered photos.
Deanne
xx
ps thanks for the nice comments on my blog!!

'Joyce' said...

Annie, love Grace's colourful shots she has done. Love your comments also on melbourne at night, so pretty.......