Monday 18 August 2008

Power off!

Woo hoo ... the fuse just blew, the computer went off and I thought I'd lost this post, but when I turned the computer back on and Firefox restored the session - here it is! What's that about saving your work as you go? Should remember that!

Getting some creative time on a weekend is always a challenge. I am lucky enough to have my own space where I can snatch a few minutes to create - even when we have a house full of visitors. Luckily, it was in-laws (who were here from lunchtime Friday to Sunday afternoon) and they are very understanding!

I actually got to complete two more layouts - one for a NCJS monthly sketch challenge, and the other one is a page for the album I am doing about my parent's lives.


This is the sketch challenge - I really enjoyed this one! Lots of circle cutting!


This one, although alot simpler, was harder to do. I like doing heritage layouts but want to make sure they keep their 'old world' essence but also look fresh. I don't have alot of information regarding this photo so the text is very basic. I am happy with it's simplicity though.

As I was going through documents and photos yesterday afternoon I started to feel quite overwhelmed at the amount of work I still have to do. Actually, I shouldn't call it work! I love spending time sorting, re-arranging, browsing, pondering and then to the final creation and its completion! Oh what a feeling! I know that I will never be bored as I will always have some scrapping or card making to do!

Here are another couple of layouts I did after our tour of inner city laneways, searching the street art of Melbourne.



Well, how do you eat an elephant? Chunk by chunk of course! So, when a daunting task is in front of you, just attack it bit by bit!

So, till next time ...

2 comments:

'Joyce' said...

hi Annie, just love your graffiti art pages, they are great. also love the heritage page, yes, you have kept the 'essence' of the theme with the beautiful photo. its just perfect.
love are we there yet too, go circles, i love circles, they really boost the page.
as always, i love browsing your blog. very inspiring.

Deanne Stewart-Mills said...

Some great layouts here Annie. Love the "are we there yet" one lol.
Great photos of the graffiti art and I really like the way you have scrapped them.
Deanne
xx