Sunday 3 August 2008

Happy Birthday Ella Rose!

August 3rd is my beautiful grand-daughter's 5th birthday! She is an absolute delight as well as a real chatterbox and organiser! She really enjoys doing craft things, just like her Nannie and her mum, easily spending a couple of hours drawing, painting, cutting and pasting! She loves making cards. I can't wait to spend time with her doing her own scrapbooking. I hope that she had a wonderful Disco Party this afternoon with all her friends!

Here is a layout featuring Ella Rose (photograph courtesy of Rob Lacey, professional photogapher and neighbour.)


I spent yesterday at Paper Squared with some wonderful friends - Dorothy, Wendy and Suzanne. We participated in their Super Demo Saturday and evening crop. It was absolutely wonderful searching through the enormous store - each time I went to look for something for my layout, I came back with so much more. Lucky me won one of the goodie bag give-aways too! Suzanne also was a winner. I think about 6 bags of scrapping stuff was given away and we won two of them - how lucky is that!

The store is a 45 minute drive from home so we made a real day of it, leaving the shop at midnight. I was surprised that I still felt very wide awake even at that time of night - I was grateful as I knew it was a big drive home. By the time I got to bed at 2am, I was ready for a good night's sleep! It was a great day, and evening, with lots of shopping and cropping done by all of us. We have already booked our next day in Mornington in November. I think I'll be more organised this time!

How do others get so many layouts done over a weekend - especially when you are not at home with all your supplies, if anyone can give me some hints I will be most grateful!

Until next time ...

1 comment:

Deanne Stewart-Mills said...

I love the simplicity of this layout. It really makes that lovely photo stand out.
thanks for adding me to your blog - I will pop you onto mine (I thought I already had, oops)
Deanne
xxx