Sunday 24 August 2008

Farewell Beijing!

I have been fascinated by the Olympics over the past two weeks - I shall be lost without them now! The courage and determination of all the athletes has absolutely amazed me, especially those who have made many sacrifices to get to where they are in their sports. I previously hadn't thought about what it costs - physically, emotionally and financially - until I listened to some of them speak about what they, and their families, have had to put in to getting them to Olympic standard. Not alot of athletes have financial sponsorship that allows them to lead a life of luxury (as the US Basketball Team!)

But, I shall get off my soap box and continue to marvel at the dedication of these amazing human beings, for the next little while at least! Then, it will be another four years tiill we remember them again, hello London!

My creating this weekend has been limited as we have had interstate visitors and spent some time visiting some of our beautiful city sights - I do love the diversity of Melbourne! I did manage to finish two layouts this weekend, that I had started a while ago. So, another lot done for Grace's album.

Here are my shares for this blog entry -

With the theme of focus and goals, this layout fitted perfectly. Grace edited her own picture using Picasa - I loved the effect that she created and it has made a great layout. She has written her goals on the card hidden behind the photo. I know she will have a chuckle when she re-reads it on a future date! Even now, her goals have changed somewhat! She has a natural talent with the camera - I have been trying to coerce her to do some photography for me. But at 14, she thinks there are other things more important right now!

This layout was scraplifted from a Jen Hall creation. When I saw what she had done, I knew exactly what photos I would be able to use with this layout! I really love her bright layouts and her creative doodling.

Well, back to the closing ceremony at Beijing.

Till next time ...

2 comments:

Deanne Stewart-Mills said...

Great layouts Annie!

'Joyce' said...

hi Annie, Grace is just beautiful and a natural with the camera. i agree, she has talent this girl, you two would make a great team. she is very creative..... must get it from her mum! love the pages you have done, i so love your work, the photos are the focus of your pages, but wow, you put your papers together really well. i am a huge fan. xx