Sunday 31 August 2008

Officially the Last Day of Winter!

I know it's all in the mind but it feels good to get the winter behind us. Spring is such a nice time of the year and I look forward to the warmer days and nights, the refreshing spring rains and the glorious abundance of new growth. Here are the blossom trees in our street that are in fine display and driving down the road is a picture of colour and brightness.


I haven't done much creating this weekend - I spent the yesterday with my eldest daughter, Nell, who was having a girlfriend weekend in the city, with an old school friend. It was a wonderful day especially as I don't often get her to myself these days.

Here is a photo of Nell and Ella her eldest daughter -

I also had the misfortune of going to the football this afternoon where the very depleted Bombers were thrashed! Not a good place to be when your team is struggling to be competitive ... well there is always next year! And I'm still smiling ...

Here are some shares for tonight -

These altered journals reflect the simplicity of the beautiful Japanese designs.


I used an image I downloaded from the web, matted the image with black card, then a copper metallic card , and more black and white card behind that. The Chinese coins were added to complete the Asian theme. I also use black elastic to hold the pages closed.

This altered journal was done with Collections chipboard squares and Japanese papers. I used gold card as matting and a golden elasticised hairband to keep the journal shut. I also included a hand-made, large pocket on the inside of the cover for notes and other mementoes.

I hope your weekend was a good one!

Till next time ...

2 comments:

Deanne Stewart-Mills said...

what a lovely photo of your daughter and granddaughter!
Love the journals too.
Deanne
xx

'Joyce' said...

hi Annie, just love the photo.
the altered albums look great. love the simplicity of them. very peaceful, a place to record ones thoughts and dreams.
yes, i am with you, the first day of spring Woo Hoo, so much promise for the summer, the smells of the garden are among us.
xx