Thursday 4 September 2008

ATC's - Minature Art

I have been busy - or at least my mind has been busy - working on an ATC set for a swap organised by my amazing friend Joyce, also ATC Swap organiser for the No Crap Just Scrap Group. I participated in one last month which was called 'A Pocketful of Friends'. In this one we made a card representative of our self - this was relatively easy!

Here is my card - on the back I put my details. I haven't received the others' cards yet, they are in the mail as I write!
This month's swap is themed the Beijing Olympic Games. Now this also sounds relatively easy, but we are required to make a set of 3 or 4, which shouldn't be too difficult either. But, being me, I wanted to make sure that I don't duplicate what I anticipate the others will make so I have pondered over how to make my cards differently! I have been told that I make things too complex and I am beginning to believe it!

But, I have decided that it doesn't matter if they are similar to someone else's as my interpretation will be different anyway! I have almost completed one set and I think they look good. I will share when the swap has been completed!

I did get some scrapping done over the past couple of days - with nights in front of the TV (there are some good shows on right now!) in my scrap room are just what the doctor ordered. I am also finding that I am getting my layouts done quicker than I have before so that helps get more completed.

Here are a couple of shares for this post -

This first one is part of the heritage album I am completing about my parent's lives. I don't have all the information about my mother which is a shame. She was an only child and I don't have access to her ancestry as she was Italian and I don't speak the language.


This next one is a Grace layout - she loved performing and is really a Diva!

I hope to get my ATC cards completed this weekend - in between Hockey finals, Netball and Fathers Day Lunch.

So, till next time ...

2 comments:

Deanne Stewart-Mills said...

Hi Annie,
Love your ATC. Haven't got mine yet either (and just realised I didnt put a photo on mine! oops).
Love the layouts you have done. Good luck with the Bejing olympic set.
Deanne
xx

ps thanks for your nice comments on my blog!

'Joyce' said...

hi Annie, love your recent pages you have done, love the heritage page. xx