Sunday 7 September 2008

A Happy Father's Day!

Father, husband, brother, son, son-in-law - to all those males in your life who are 'fathers' - this is a day to honour their influence in our life. At times it will feel positive and at times it may feel challenging, but their influence has a profound effect into developing us into the person we are, right now, today.

I have had the pleasure of sharing today with my father, my brother and my husband and when I reflect on how each of them have shaped my life in some way, I am grateful. Not every moment has been happy and joyful, life is not like that - but I am grateful for the times I have felt challenges because they have provided me with the situation to become a stronger person. I am also grateful for the caring and supportive times because it is in those times I have felt worthy and I have felt loved.

So, today has been the culmination of a busy weekend! We rushed to the hockey final on Friday night (it took us 45 minutes to get from the city to the hockey ground) and the girls played a fantastic game. It went into extra time and the other team (top of the ladder) scored a goal 2 minutes before the final whistle! So, we have no Friday night hockey till next year!

Saturday morning Grace played netball and the team were outstanding, winning very comfortably. Grace played such a solid game in GK! Very proud! I caught up with a girl friend Saturday afternoon. It's so nice to have someone to completely relax with and just chat! Saturday night I spent watching football with my wonderful husband.

Today consisted of time with the men in my family (I have eaten so much!). So, I didn't get the time I anticipated to do the ATC's or any scrapping! But, the personal time can never be re-created, the scrapping time will be!

Here are my shares for tonight - a Paper Bag Baby Album I made a few months ago -








Getting the colour right is still a challenge for me! As I have mentioned before, I scan the layouts and then 'stitch' with PE6. But, even when I play with the colour, it just doesn't turn out to be the vibrancy or tone that it really is. One day I'll get it right!

I love the versatility of the Paper Bag Albums - they can be created into anything! I was having a play with this one and the challenge was to make it neutral so when it is given as a gift, the user can add whatever they need to make it their own - journalling, photographs, memorabilia ... whatever! I am making a Pregnancy Album at the moment - I shall share that when I have completed it!

So, until next time ...

1 comment:

Deanne Stewart-Mills said...

soumds like you had a lovely weekend. Love the paper bag album.
Deanne
xx