Sunday 21 September 2008

Wow - where has the time gone!

It's been one week since my last post and it has been a whirlwind week! I actually got to catch up with Chris today to celebrate his birthday - one week late! All the family went to a fantastic little Greek restaurant in Swan Street, Richmond called Agapi. The food was absolutely delicious and I feel so full and it's six hours after I've eaten!

I have had the pleasure of having all my beautiful girls with me over the past week - until Friday night, Rob has been the only male in a house of five girls (six including the cat!) It has been an absolute delight to have so much happy energy around - it has also been very tiring! But I wouldn't swap it for the world! The house will be very quiet after tomorrow - but then again, it is school holidays ...

I did get some layouts completed last weekend for the NCJS Challenges - just as well because I haven't been able to do anything else this week. I love doing the challenges, they give me some motivation and guidance - even though I have heaps of photos to get organised. I also managed to complete the ATC Swap - The Olympics - we had to do a set of 4 cards. Kept me thinking!

The first one is of the gorgeous Sophie who is such a character! Rain has been something she has seen very little of in her short life so the chance to use her umbrella was so exciting for her, even if it was in her backyard, all by herself!

This next one features 'The Fish' structures that decorated the Yarra River during the 2006 Commonwealth Games. Their colours were magnificent in the darkness of the night, combined with the reflections on the water and the fireworks, made for a wondrous sight every evening of the games. I wish I had read an article I found recently about how to photograph fireworks - they are not a sharp as they should be.

The journalling is unreadable due to the scanning process (red and black, love the colours but always have problems with them being scanned) but it tells of the 72 structures and their nightly exhibit.

Last week also saw me busy with Scrapbook Hub's completion (well getting very close to completion). It has been a massive job and it's all fallen into place. There are loose ends to tie up and then it will be ready for first stage public launch on 1st October. I'm getting very excited now that I can physically see the 'working product'. Before, it has just been pictures of the pages, now I can actually do things on it - Yay! I have also enlisted the talents of some amazing women who will feature on the initial launch ... but stay tuned to find out more ...

So, I will keep you informed of Scrapbook Hub's launch - until next time ...

1 comment:

Deanne Stewart-Mills said...

some beautiful layouts Annie. The ones with the photos of the Yarra river are gorgeous.
Deanne
xx